George E. Becker, 75, of LaCrosse, passed away Wednesday, April 11, 2012.
September 23, 1936 – April 11, 2012
He was born September 23, 1936 in LaPorte to Lawrence & Rose (Kelsey) Becker and graduated from Clinton Township High School in 1955. He was a member of LaCrosse Methodist Church, Westville Lodge #192 F.& A.M., South Bend Valley Scottish Rite, Honorary member of Calumet Lodge #379 F.&A.M., Rolling Prairie Lodge #291 F.&A.M., Tall Cedars of Lebanon, Michigan City, IN, was a Charter Member and Director of International Harvester Collectors, Chapter 33, Indiana and member of International Harvester Collectors, Chapter 27, Florida.
Survivors include his children: Gerri Kubal of Valparaiso, W. Drew (Paula) Becker of Davidson, NC, Rachel (Duane) Werner of Westville, his former wife, Beulah Becker of Union Mills, sister, Janet Schweitzer of Kouts, grandchildren: Ryan C. Kubal & Brittany L. Kubal both of Valparaiso, Kyleigh E. Werner & Blake E. Werner both of Westville and nephews: Jeffery (Sarah) Schweitzer of Bremerton, WA & Charles Horn of Kouts. He was preceded in death by his parents and daughter, Jodi J. Becker.
A funeral service will be held Saturday 10:00 am at LaCrosse Methodist Church, Pastor Randy Schrock officiating with cremation to follow and private burial of ashes at Angelcrest Cemetery.
Visitation Friday from 5 – 8 pm with Masonic service at 7:00 pm at
Moeller Funeral Home
104 Roosevelt Rd. Valparaiso, IN
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the VNA Hospice of Porter County or Westville Lodge #192 F.&A.M.
- Was elected to receive the degrees of Masonry, January 16, 1968.
- Initiated as an Entered Apprentice, January 23, 1968.
- Passed to the degree of Fellow Craft on March 5, 1968.
- Raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason on March 26, 1968.
- George served as Senior Steward in 1969,
- Junior Deacon in 1970,
- Junior Warden in 1971,
- Senior Warden in 1972 & 1999,
- Worshipful Master in 1973 & 2000.
- He received his 25-Year Award on September 7, 1993
- George also served as Tyler for 8 years and Trustee for several years.
- George was a member of Westville Lodge #192 F. & A. M. for 44 years, 2 months, 26 days
On April 11, 2012, his weary feet came to the end of their toilsome journey and from his nerveless grasp dropped forever the working tools of life, and his spiritual body entered into that spiritual building, that house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens